FAQs ABOUT OUR FURNITURE
- What timber do you use for your bed frames and furniture?
A: We use Victorian Ash Timber for all bed frames and furniture.
- What is the timber treated with?
A: All of our timber is untreated, and can either be stained or oiled for the finished product. Alternatively, if you are a creative type or keen for a DIY project, it can be left raw for you to treat.
- Where do you get your timber from?
A: Our timber falls under the government’s ecoSelect program which follows stringent laws and regeneration processes for felling and replanting. We are proud to produce furniture that uses sustainably managed Australian hardwood.
- Is it environmentally ok?
A: All hardwood trees, whether planted with ecoSelect or not, will still take 200 years to grow back to a fully matured tree. Our products however are built to last - we offer 10 year guarantees on all our furniture. It is so important to us that we produce sustainable furniture that doesn’t go to landfill. The majority of hardwood trees cut down in Australia are wood chipped and sold overseas for only US$159 a tonne which is then turned into paper and purchased back by Australia. By purchasing Australian Hardwood furniture from us, you contribute to a sustainable future.
- What glue do you use when making your bed frames?
A: We use water-based glue.
- How quickly can I have my bed from ordering it?
A: No one wants to wait… Each bed is individually constructed and made to order. This process can take between 4 – 5 weeks. It's worth the wait, knowing you are getting a high quality product for a decent price all the while contributing to the production of a healthier environment!
- Why choose our furniture/ bedframes?
- Value for money
- All Natural, chemical free bases
- We offer both Flat Slats and Posture Slats on most beds
- We use Victorian Ash Timber - the timber can look very different depending on the stain/oil you choose!
- Our timber comes from the government’s ecoSelect program (which has stringent laws and regeneration processes for felling and replanting)
- Our timber is kiln dried (temperatures used typically kill all fungi and insects in the wood)
- We use water-based glue
- Can Mix-&-Match parts of our different bed frames (ask us to check what might be possible!)
If you have any questions that have not been addressed hear please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9569 4834